U7Networks is happy to offer Live shoutcast streaming servers. SHOUTcast is a streaming media technology solution which permits anyone on the internet to broadcast audio
A lot has been going on behind the scenes at U7 Networks. We have been making a lot of changes as of late. I thought
We’d like to wish you and yours happy holidays from TNL Total Solutions! To show our appreciation any funds added to your U7 Networks account
Recently we had the pleasure of working with a local leather worker Christian Graham who makes an impressive line of leather dog wear. His work
U7 Networks is happy to announce our latest cloud product, SiteGuard. SiteGuard is a unique solution covering site monitoring, intrusion detection, offsite backups, and more.
U7Networks is happy to offer Live shoutcast streaming servers. SHOUTcast is a streaming media technology solution which permits anyone on the internet to broadcast audio from their PC to listeners across the Internet. SHOUTcast is cross-platform proprietary software for streaming media over the Internet. The software, developed by Nullsoft, allows digital audio content, primarily in MP3 or HE-AAC format, to be broadcast to and from media player software, enabling the creation of Internet radio “stations”. SHOUTcast Radio is a related website which provides a directory of SHOUTcast stations.
SHOUTcast streams play through most MP3 Players, Windows Media Player, VLC, and many others, there are several flash based players for use on your website. . An effective deployment of SHOUTcast streaming technology has a variety of applications for both fun and business purposes.
The Shoutcast server service is still technically in beta testing, however instances are currently available. Starting at $3 a month.
Sign up today with a $15 credit at http://www.u7networks.com
A lot has been going on behind the scenes at U7 Networks. We have been making a lot of changes as of late. I thought I would take the time to let you know about some of these changes.
- You can now change your ftp password from the control panel instead of filing a support ticket
- We are now running a weekly virus scan on all iWeb instances and will notify you by email if we find anything
- We now offer a web based ftp client to access your files
- We are now running a weekly virus scan on all iWeb instances and will notify you by email if we find anything
- We now offer a web based ftp client to access your files
- You can now specify the FTP path for your backup (in case you only wanted to back up part of the site.
- Every time a backup is performed, we will run your entire site against a virus scanner to ensure the safety of your server as well as your website visitors
- Bugzilla has been updated to version 4.4.4
We’d like to wish you and yours happy holidays from TNL Total Solutions! To show our appreciation any funds added to your U7 Networks account between now through Jan 1st we will match dollar for dollar up to $25 per transaction. Once this offer is gone, it’s gone for good don’t miss it.
Our offices will be closed Dec 24th and 25th, as well as Jan 1st. While our phones wont be staffed for the holidays our 24/7 Tech Support will still be answering support tickets.
Again, happy holidays!
Recently we had the pleasure of working with a local leather worker Christian Graham who makes an impressive line of leather dog wear. His work is amazing and worth checking out. TNL Total Solutions helped build an e-commerce platform based on WordPress that allows Christian to completely maintain all aspects of his online presence. From layout and design, to complex shipping calculations; Here is what he had to say:
“I hired TNL Total Solutions to help me turn my small website into an e-commerce platform. I thought that I had a clear understanding of what would be needed. Brian made some suggestions and wrote a contract explaining what he would do. I paid the deposit and he started working on the website.
Right away there started to be problems with elements in the theme and other things. In the first two weeks, Brian probably doubled the total amount of time that he agreed to work on my website. As things progressed and started to come together, he actually made suggestions on how to make the website better. His ideas, which I would not have thought about, wound up being very important to the website, and he did a lot of extra work to implement things like SEO and setting up an email for me. When the project was finished, he had spent way more time than he said he would and didn’t raise the price.
Looking back, I realize that I had no idea of how many things I needed to do in order to have a viable e-commerce website that was exactly how I wanted it (I had a list of demands that made it harder). It could have easily cost me a lot more money than I planned or not even worked out right.
What I want to say the most is that Brian treated my website project with a sense of personal responsibility. I could tell during the process that he was thinking about it a lot and wasn’t going to leave me hanging. There were some times where it looked like something I wanted couldn’t be done, and then Brian would figure out a way to do it. This took a lot of extra time for him to do, reading forums and learning about the quirky theme I was using. And he could have just let it go but he did a lot of extra stuff to make the website just how i wanted it.
Since then I have hired him several times to do some modifications to the website. By now I trust him completely and know that he is fair and very thorough. Without him I am not sure how it would have ever come together right in any kind of budget I could afford. Brian treated me like someone he cared about and did a lot of behind-the-scenes work to make sure that everything was proper and set up right.
I have also switched my hosting company to TNL. The rate is very good and I don’t have to worry about how busy the website gets because the server will always have more space. On my old server, I was worried that once I got too busy they would cap my bandwidth. Now I can grow and focus on my business and know that the website will grow with it.
I sincerely recommend TNL to anybody involved with the internet. Having Brian as a consultant or a website builder will be a creative and loyal addition to your website project.” -Christian Graham, LeatherNature.com
Be sure to take a look at his amazing work at http://www.leathernature.com
U7 Networks is happy to announce our latest cloud product, SiteGuard.
SiteGuard is a unique solution covering site monitoring, intrusion detection, offsite backups, and more. Website owners and server administrators alike find themselves faced with some very scary disaster recovery scenarios. Topping this list is website uptime, offsite backups and network intrusions. U7 SiteGuard protects your site and gives you a piece of mind from all of these things and more.
- SiteGuard will remotely backup your entire site via ftp either nightly, weekly or monthly. We know that some webhosts allot a certain amount of bandwidth and that the space to store backups can add up, so to save on your bandwidth and expense we only backup files that have been added or changed after the initial backup.
- SiteGuard can also do a dump and remotely backup your MySQL database and back that up nightly, weekly or monthly.
- Go back and review what files have changed for any previous backup from the control panel.
- One click download of any given backup since the beginning.
- SiteGuard will alert you if files are added, removed or if files have changed in your site, Protecting you from malware and phishing infections. Why is this important? Here is one webmaster’s account of one of his clients sites hacked, the attacker was hoping the hack would go unnoticed ( http://searchtempo.com/htaccess-redirect-hack-and-google-malicious-code-warning/ ). SiteGuard will help you discover these sort of issues before they become a problem.
- SiteGuard will check your site nightly against the google safe browsing database. This is the database that most browsers use to determine if your site has been a deemed a phising site or is responsible for infecting users with malware. If your site turns up on this list, we’ll alert you immediately and offer some advice on getting delisted.
- SiteGuard can monitor your site every 10 minutes to be sure it is online and available to the general public. If it goes down, we’ll tell you. Many times a site can be responsive but throwing an error. SiteGuard can optionally avoid false positives by checking your page for specific text or source code so that you can be sure that your site is loading correctly without errors. If enabled, we will send alerts when our monitor does not see this text in your html code.
- Get alerts via SMS text message, email or both.
- Have multiple server administrators or webmasters? No problem! You can add an unlimited number of additional users who get notifications of problems, again via email or SMS text message or both.
Read more at the SiteGuard site, Existing customers will see SiteGuard available from the Applications menu on their dashboard.
We have been diligently working on our new cloud applications platform called U7 Networks. When you sign up for U7 Networks you will instantly get access to a variety of applications that can be launched and configured within minutes. We have a handful of applications now available on the platform with more nearing completion.
We are still in beta, but below is what we are offering so far. We have made a limited number of invites available and are offering $25 credit (or about 4-5 months worth of service) with each invite. Have a look today @ http://www.u7networks.com
Instant Website Instance
U7Networks is happy to offer instant websites, similar to your standard web hosting plans out there except we scale as you grow and you only pay for what you use. Our InstantWeb website instance offers you a full Apache/PHP/MySQL virtual host stack for your application. You can access your website through the url we provide or point an existing domain name to the instance.
U7Networks is happy to offer Subversion repositories. Subversion is the industry standard in source code version control. Subversion is a free/open source version control system. That is, Subversion manages files and directories, and the changes made to them, over time. This allows you to recover older versions of your data or examine the history of how your data changed. In this regard, many people think of a version control system as a sort of “time machine.”
U7 Networks makes it easy to deploy subversion repositories as well as manage users who are allowed to access your repository.
Bugzilla is a “Defect Tracking System” or “Bug-Tracking System”. Defect Tracking Systems allow individual or groups of developers to keep track of outstanding bugs in their product effectively. Most commercial defect-tracking software vendors charge enormous licensing fees. Despite being “free”, Bugzilla has many features its expensive counterparts lack. Consequently, Bugzilla has quickly become a favorite of thousands of organizations across the globe. Bugzilla is backed by the Mozilla Foundation.
U7Networks is happy to offer ProjectPier. For many, ProjectPier offers a more cost effective alternative to project management platforms like BaseCamp. ProjectPier gives you a flexible system for managing projects involving multiple organizations by providing a central place for all project activity and information while integrating with users’ existing tools and workflow. Thousands of people all over the world, from study groups organizing a school project to large universities managing hundreds of international research projects, are using our software to get a grip on their project’s tasks, communication, files and more!
Whether you need a high availability MySQL instance for a remote application or just an additional database for your InstantWeb website instance we can have you up and running in minutes.
Our iLan Network Drive product allows you to create network drives or folders for your organization without investing an expensive IT infrastrucutre. iLan is built on established webdav technology, making it reliable, as well cross platform. These cloud based drives or folders can be used with applications such as OmniFocus, Apple iCal and other applications which require a WebDAV folder for synchronizing data. Launch an iLan instance and within a few minutes you can have a share connected as a drive to your computer that can be shared or simply used for offsite storage.
In order to help us collaborate even more efficiently, we have been building our new customer center and are happy to announce several new features.
A few highlights include:
- You can now create “sub-users” so that other staff members may access your TNL Total Solutions account information. Simply login click “My Account” on the left and scroll to the bottom of your profile under the section “Users”.
- You can now see recent subversion version control commits, optionally signup for nightly commit reports, and/or download a zip file of your entire repository with the click of a button.
- You can now see your billing history beyond the last 20 invoices.
- You can now submit issues through email and they will automatically be added to the Mantis project manager/bug tracker. Just contact us and we will set this up for you.
- We have created a special file area called “My Files” where you can upload files for us, and vise versa.
- And much more, with more to come.
We encourage you to log in and have a look around our new system.
http://client.tnlsoft.com or http://billing.tnlsoft.com.
Know your limits. Cloud computing has given us the ability to scale, but having the ability to analyze the bottlenecks of your web site, web service or web application can be crucial to overall service quality and service level agreement commitments.
We are able to arrange to perform a distributed stress test on HTTP, SOAP, PostgreSQL and MySQL servers. We are able to provide a simulation that mimics loads up to 1000 Mb/s (GigE) with tens of thousands users hitting your website or application simultaneously. Our tests can be custom scripted so that the simulated users can walk through a whole series of steps while navigating through your website or web application.
The testing provides extremely detailed reports, reviewed by our staff.
After the testing is completed we will prepare an executive report in plain english along with all of the raw data so your team can address any issues that are found.
We can schedule a load test to be performed during low traffic times such as on weekends or late at night. Priced on a case by case basis. Contact us for more information.
We are happy to announce the relaunch of our development site, http://dev.tnlsoft.com. This relaunch will offer our customers a means to keep up-to-date with the latest alpha and beta software as well as the many free products that are currently in development. Aside from providing a single point of reference for all projects in development and proof of concept ideas, we hope our new development site can offer exciting news about tech and related fields as well.
This new site will also serve as a download portal for all alpha and beta software released to the general public for testing. We have a lot of exciting projects on the table for the rest of 2010 and are happy to offer this portal as a mean to keep our customers informed of them. Please take a moment a visit http://dev.tnlsoft.com and let us know what you think.
I’ve had a lot of people ask me lately to help them with something because they “don’t have Linux”. I always have to ask, how can you NOT have Linux when virtually every Linux distribution is FREE? Most of us geeks realize that the average computer user is scared of the unknown. Average users aren’t interested in partitioning their drives. A common myth is that you’ll lose your windows installation. The past few weeks I find myself constantly pointing people to WUBI, so alas, a blog post with a bit of explanation.
When I hear these sorts of things, I point people to WUBI. Wubi is not a Linux distribution of its own, but rather an installer for Ubuntu Linux that installs under windows, without formatting or partitioning your hard drive. It also uninstalls just like any other windows program. So basically if you can install Yahoo messenger, you can install Linux.
Once installed, reboot your machine and you will be presented with a boot menu that lets you choose your Windows installation or Ubuntu. It runs Ubuntu not as a virtual machine, but creates a stand alone installation on a disk image stored on your windows file system. The only serious limitation of running Ubuntu in this manner is the lack of hibernation support.
A side note from Wikipedia:
While Wubi does not install Ubuntu directly to its own partition this can also be accomplished by using LVPM, the Loopmounted Virtual Partition Manager, to transfer the Wubi-generated Ubuntu installation to a dedicated real partition, including a bootable USB keydrive. The advantage of this setup is that users can test the operating system and install the drivers before they install it to a dedicated partition (and avoid booting and functioning risks).